WRWWrestling-Originals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Jarrett Rare Early Match Footage From "King Of The Mountain"

Go down

Jeff Jarrett Rare Early Match Footage From "King Of The Mountain" Empty Jeff Jarrett Rare Early Match Footage From "King Of The Mountain"

Post  John_Cena_JNR Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:18 am

Jeff Jarrett's upcoming DVD will feature footage from CWA Memphis, the Lawler-Jarrett promotion where Jeff Jarrett got his start. The footage comes from the extensive library that Jim Cornette owns. Interestingly, very little of the CWA library was retained by either Jerry Lawler or Jerry Jarrett, as TV tapes took up too much storage space so were regularly tape over, or discarded. Various persons ended up with TV tapes over the years including Jim Cornette, the Poffo Family, Adrian Steet, and even I have some, but the original owners have very little of the library. A talented guy named Randy West was the TV editor and created most of the memorable videos that aired in CWA & USWA.

It is likely that matches from USWA (Dallas & Memphis) will not be used on the DVD as that brand was sold initially by Jerry Jarrett to Jerry Lawler and Larry Burton, and then by them to an investment group led by Mark Selker. The Selker group ran USWA for several months in 1997 before it went out of business (a 30 year company, killed in 3 months). The Selker group then sued everybody in sight including me as I was the syndicator for USWA at the time, and helped with the TV tapings toward the end when Mike Samples and then Dutch Mantel were booking. Other than paying a lawyer my involvement in the litigation was sort lived as courts kept wondering why I was being sued (thank God). Lawler tells me his part finally ended last year with no judement for the Selker Group after a decade of wasted litigation. But The Selker Group still owns the USWA brand, so that part of Jeff Jarrett's wrestling history will likely be avoided by TNA, or at least they will be careful to never show the USWA brand, I assume.

Click below to watch some of the vintage Jarrett footage with Lawler, Tojo Yamamoto, Jerry Jarrett, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Dutch Mantel & more.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1245&Itemid=84

John_Cena_JNR

Male
Number of posts : 58
Job/hobbies : Football, Cricket, Wrestling & Xbox 360
Humor : Joker
Registration date : 2009-01-27

https://wrw-originals.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down